If you have been directed here then, looks like you are going to get some ink from Life & Death Tattoos! Just a few important points that you need to read through and once you are happy you can pay you deposit and secure your booking.
Important points of note
- The Tattooing of Minors Act 1969 makes it illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to get a tattoo. Parental consent is not accepted. Therefore proof of age is required in the form of any picture ID such as student card or driving licence.
- We do not tattoo hands, neck or faces unless you have a substantial amount of coverage already.
- We do not cater for children, this is a strictly 'no under 18's' environment, so no children are allowed in the studio.
- Please note - This new policy update is now in effect for existing bookings and new bookings from now on. If you can any answer please contact the studio. Thank you.
- Deposits on full day sittings are £100.
- Deposits are non-refundable
- Your deposit that you pay initially is to secure your tattoo booking date.
- If you cannot make your tattoo booking then we will reschedule it for a later date and your deposit will remain, only if that reschedule is made 2 weeks before to your tattoo sitting.
- We will reschedule your date 3 times. The 3rd time will be the last time we reschedule, before your sitting is cancelled and your deposit will be forfeited.
- The deposit you have paid at the time of booking will reserve your time slot and used as part payment for your tattoo.
- The deposit covers initial designwork, artwork, and stencil preparation.
- If you don't leave a deposit at the time of booking please pay it as soon as possible. If it is not received 7 days before your appointment it will be presumed that you no longer want your slot, which will then be given to someone else.
- When a deposit has been paid, if you don't turn up for your appointment, or don't give at least 7 days notice, your deposit will be retained, as this will pay for any work already carried out, and compensate us for not being able to fill that time slot.
- If you are able to give 7 days notice (contact us) then your deposit will be returned, or can be moved to your next appointment slot.
- If you rebook after a cancellation made within the required 7 day, a 50% deposit will be required. If you rebook after a No Show you will need to pay for your tattoo slot in advance, ie. 100% deposit. This is returnable under the terms above.
Before your booking
- To ensure we are on the same page when it comes to how you would like to design to look you can send over designs, pictures or anything you think may help when it comes to putting together your design. you can pop these into the studio or simply send them to our email address
- Give your tattoo at least 3 weeks to heal before deciding whether your tattoo needs any touch ups.
- Free touch ups are usually given, however, touch ups are not free if the tattoo has been picked or otherwise damaged during healing, or has not been looked after as suggested.
- If you have tattoos on your hands, feet, finger, outer an inner elbow or knees touch ups are not free. You will need to look after your tattoos in these areas more carefully as they are very likely to wear and fade quickly, and this will have been discussed with you during your consultation or at time of booking.
Tattoo Sitting Checklist
- If you having an all day sitting a good nights sleep is essential, you will be sitting a long session & it will potentially drain you.
- Do not drink alcohol or take aspirin before you get tattooed. Both of these thin the blood and can cause you to bleed heavily during the tattoo process.
- Please bring a drink and/or sweet snack such as chocolate, especially if it is your first tattoo, or if you are having a long session.
- If there is music you really like to listen to, bring along some earphones and your portable music player.
- Communication - always talk to us, if there is something you are unsure about or you have a question please don't sit there in silence, talk to us. All the tattooists at Life & Death Tattoo are personable & friendly
- Looking after tattoos correctly while they are healing is essential an will keep the pieces looking great after the healing process,
- After leaving the studio your tattoo will be wrapped in Clingfilm keep this on for 2 hours. once removed give the tattoo as good clean with soap an water.
- Bepantham (nappy rash) should be applied 2-3 times a day, cover the piece with an even layer an then dab off any excess cream
- Stay away from, swimming pools, saunas, steam rooms, tanning beds, spray tans
- Showers of preferred, you can take a bath if a shower is not possible just refrain from keeping it submerged for a long period of time.
- PLEASE NOTE -
By paying your deposit online or in person, you agree to these terms & conditions. If you are not happy and/or do not agree with to these terms & conditions, then that is OK, please request a return on your deposit via the studio manager & that will be arranged within 7 working days. This does not affect your statutory rights
Life & Death Tattoos